Thursday, June 2, 2011

Black macbook screen goes black and unresponsive. computer settings reset to 2 weeks ago? how do i correct it?

I own last years black macbook and up til recently, my screen would go black, my computer would be unresponsive and the fan will start running like I am doing some huge project. when I look closely at the screen I can see images but can change anything. To top it all off, I hold down the power button to turn off then back on but when it turns back on, the screen brightness will go back to the way I had it like 2 weeks ago and any websites I checked the past couple of days are not in the browser bar anymore but any documents and pics I added are still there. This all started happening after I did the last software update but have seen no other threads of the same problem. any ideas? thanks in advance...collinBlack macbook screen goes black and unresponsive. computer settings reset to 2 weeks ago? how do i correct it?
There's a button (I'm not sure but I think F2?) that has a sun on it. The larger of the two, try pressing it a few times. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment